• 20 Aug 2011, 20:44 • Journals
This is a new E-Sports league specifically targeted for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
I started this project because I am not satisfied with the way Clanbase nor ESL work. It is a community focused project, therefore no 5on5, but 6on6. The 5on5's I have played have always been meh, the 6on6's on the other hand have always been great fun. The rules allow any map to be played, however as soon as the map is not in the official maps list, both teams will have to agree on playing it.
Currently the project is in its alpha beta stage, I haven't finished the most basic of features. I haven't been working on any awesome features rather than the essential, because I first want to let the community know and find out if there is some actual interest in the project. If so I will develop it further and I will also register an actual domain name, the site currently rests on my own homepage.
Apart from the extreme flame this journal is going to get, for the guys that take this serious, I suggest taking a look at the rules section and how you can schedule matches. The system is snappy and easy to use.
Things that it can:
- Register users, teams
- Join a ladder with the team
- Challenge other teams
- Notification center, when one of your teams is challenged
- Make you smile, because it works easily
Some things that are not yet implemented:
- Private messaging system ( Mostly going to be used for notifications and already got that implemented.. crossfire is more for the social stuff )
- Forums? ( Rather would use crossfire for something like that )
- Several features on managing teams, matches
- Better team admin system, currently only the team creator can kick, accept / create challenges.
As you can see its basic, but the most important things have been done.
Another point, I am still looking for a good name, people who are insane here is your chance to come up with something cool: Quartz? ENL? ( ET's Next league ) -- Some quick ideas
e: Another thing I forgot to mention, this league is targeted for any skill level. I want to make it easier and more open for new players to come enjoy the community here. A downloads section will aid this.