• 7 Apr 2018, 17:52 • Journals
IntroductionThis data is a result of a bored afternoon pussybashers analytics team analysis of supply tactics. I always push supply main on first spawn as axis, and convo with hazz gave me the idea to put this into data.
AbstractPushing main seems to be a pretty good tactic overall. In rare cases I also refrained from it (if I knew the opponent had lots of good aimers, we had a bad attack or my teammates wanted to push instead). Pushing in general seems to be a good idea if you have the aim and positioning to back it up.
MethodsI watched manually though 150 supply demos and studied the first spawn on axis empirically. I then logged this data into an excel file, and finally compiled the statistics using this file. First demo was from 24.3.2016 and last from 21.3.2018. There are no demos from November 2016 to June 2017 because my hard drive was acting up and I didnt want to stress it with autodemo.
FindingsPushing on first spawn seems to be a risk free way of both getting kills/damage, getting information (spawntimes) and getting the psychological upper hand (2 allies get owned 10sec after the round starts, they will be demoralized). Only 1 out of 99 I left flag from radio side instead of tunnel side. The reasons for this are unknown. 1 out of 99 games I spawned back because we made so fast time on allies side. One push I died to webe's teamkill support fire. One time I got 0 kills because my teammate's support fire killed them all.
- Total of 99 demos that had supply defence
- Average of 0.96 kills per push
- On top of/instead of kill, dealt heavy damage 41% of pushes
- Got allies spawntime on first push 16% of the time (usually with 2 kill pushes)
- Died to full myself 9% (sometimes got kill(s) too)
- Lost flag 1% (1 time, because allies died upstairs instantly)
- Decided not to push 8%
- Got 0 kills 29 times
- Got 1 kill 42 times
- Got 2 kills 13 times
- Got 3 kills 4 times
- Got 4 kills 0 times
- Got 5 kills 1 time
- 1 time teamkilled by Webe
- 1 time LORDI pushed like a retard, causing me to stay downstairs
- 1 time I pushed tunnel with fieldops (0 kills ofc)