• 19 Dec 2007, 17:15 • News
The first season of the ESL Major Series (EMS) are still underway, but that doesn't stop ESL from announcing the second season. There is no date set to when the qualifiers begin, but it's said that "details will be following in the next days and weeks".
The ESL Major Series Season II games and prizes:[/b]]
- Call of Duty 4 (5on5): €1.500
- Counter-Strike: Source (5on5): €3.000
- Counter-Strike: 1.6 Female (5on5): €1.000
- Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (Clanwar): €1.000
- Defense of the Ancient (5on5): €1.500
- Enemy Territory (6on6): €1.000
- FIFA 08 (Clanwar): €2.000
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (1on1): Hardware prizes
- Team Fortress 2 (6on6): €1.500
- Unreal Tournament 3 (Clanwar): €1.500 + Hardware prizes for MVPs
As you can see both Crossfire-favourites CoD4 and W:ET got included but not ET:QW. The decision to exclude ET:QW must've been due to lack of signups for season I. However, ESL only got themselves to blame for that as they didn't do any advertising for ET:QW EMS other then here on Crossfire which must be seen as a giant mistake as the ET:QW-community on Crossfire still was growing and nowhere near reaching out to everyone. Adding to that the information and pretty much everything concearning the first season was everything but good which made many look the other way, especially as the CB OpenCup offered similiar prize purse and was played at the same time.
Either way, I'll try to keep you updated with information from the ESL EMS season II as it comes.
Read more at:
EMS season II announced