• 9 Jul 2008, 18:17 • News
11 Days ago I opened the sw_battery forum topic and my idea was greatly accepted. An unbelievable amount of 391 comments within a few days and the stickied help of CF gave me the chance to work with a ton of good ideas.
Today I am able to provide you the first beta release of SW Battery. I have been actively working the last days and can present you the following changelog:
- Allies Beach Spawns outside of water
- Bunker MG is now dynamitible door which leads to bunkers back
- Axis Bunker Spawn is set back a bit
- Axis Spawn at Commandpost until Allies built it
- Backdoor is blowable
- Spawntimes 30/20
- Made some doors wider (bunkerstage)
- constructible Bunker Ladder for an additional way & anti flag-recap
- deleted anti tank beach barriers
- Roof at backway to avoid artilleryspamm
- fixxed "wallhack" leak at backdoor
- no landmines
Screenshots can be found here
As at my last project I partnered up with YCN Gaming who provide me the needed servers for private & public tests and the beloved public testserver.
You can download the map here. (thx to eicher)
And join the SW Battery Testserver here: 184.108.40.206:37000
I will go on holiday next week for 3weeks so there will be a bigger development pause in that time but I will try to organise a showmatch until then. If any NC team is interested they can query me or w0nd3r in #sw_battery. Up to now stated their interested in playing the showmatch.
This map has been released in agreement of the in the pk3 added License, submitted by ET's Developer, which means all rights & credits belong to them and this map is only thought to be used in competition play and not for any commercial uses.
Last but not least I wanna add my thank you list again:
zhul (talking to me in ts all those nights :s)
snake (because he's there)
Spamm on but stay tuned, updates coming today (or better say hotfixes? ;>)