• 23 Sep 2010, 20:18 • News
After the last details have been cleared with the developers,ESL is announcing the introduction of a new Anti Cheat tool, developed by SPEEDLINK, for all upcoming and
current ladders, tournaments and cups.
Speedlink Anti Cheat (SLAC) will replace Punkbuster as official anti-cheat tool in the Enemy Territory section within the ESL. After some discussions with Speedlink and the announcement of the EULA for SLAC anti cheat software, we will use SLAC as an interim solution to fight against the cheaters.
As already mentioned, we will use SLAC temporarily. The open BETA phase for the very own, ESL Wire Anti Cheat (WAC), is running and we are going to use WAC as soon as it is 100% operational.
- Only players with entered SLAC ID are allowed to play
- SLAC ID must be entered before the match date
- SLAC is mandatory for all official ESL matches
- MAC: not supported, players are not allowed to compete in any ESL match
- Linux: Allowed to play without SLAC after checking that they really use Linux: checking via the console command "/cheaters" (for now, might be changed during the next updates)
- For official matches, you still have to use the Global Configs (no pb version)
- Transition period: 7 days (mandatory from 1st October 2010)
- We will still ban for any record on a PB based Public Ban lists etc.
- Cheating during an ESL match: Banned for 2 years.
- Cheating outside an ESL match: Banned for 6 months starting the date when the cheater was caught.
1. Go to your profile
2. Select Gameaccounts from the left menu
3. Press add
4. Select SLAC ID from the list
5. Write down your SLAC ID and press SEND
6. You're done! You added your SLAC ID on ESL[/hide]