• 20 Mar 2013, 15:43 • News
With ET's recent increase in activity, I began wondering whether there was anything I could do as a CB admin to help contribute. We run plenty of cups at ClanBase - OpenCups, EuroCups, SummerCups, and NationsCups - and I'd like to think that we're doing a decent job with them.
However, do these cups actually contribute to the game's level of activity? Competing in a ClanBase OC/EC/SC usually means playing only one match per week - a match which often ends up being forced to a certain date and time by one of us anyway. The past few cup seasons have been riddled with dropouts and noshows, despite our best efforts to attempt to keep things interesting and motivate teams to remain active.
Many teams don't even make it out of the Groupstage in our cups, only getting the chance to play three or four matches before having to wait weeks or even months for the cup to end and the next cup to begin. That doesn't seem very fair - some simply do not have the ability to perform well enough to advance to the Playoffs each season.
The community begs for tournaments with prizes then complains when the same top teams and players win the prizes, again and again. But what if there was a competition with prizes in which teams didn't necessarily need superior skill to have a chance at winning? What if players could win by simply... playing?
I am very pleased to announce a brand new competition called the ClanBase Ladder Activity Challenge!
In this challenge, teams will compete with each other in the ClanBase ET 6on6 Ladder to see who can play the most ladder matches during the month of April. At the end of the month, the top three teams with the most ladder matches played will be awarded the following prizes:
1st place - 120 euros (6 x 20)
2nd place - 60 euros (6 x 10)
3rd place - 30 euros (6 x 5)
Since there are prizes involved, I intend to be rather strict with enforcing the rules & guidelines of this challenge. Please read the next section very carefully.
- Teams do not need to sign up for this challenge. Simply join the ladder and play!
- Number of wins/losses will not at all be taken into consideration for this challenge. Any matches played on the ClanBase ET 6on6 Ladder from April 1st at 0:00 CET to April 30th at 23:59 CET will be counted.
- Only matches played in their entirety with a clear winner will be counted towards the challenge. This means that forfeits, noshows, and draws do not count in this challenge. Each match must be scheduled on ClanBase, and the score must be entered and confirmed by both teams, just like a normal ladder match. Teams should be able to provide a link to the CB match page for each match upon request.
- A team may use only one merc per match and only if their opponent agrees to it. For the purposes of this challenge, a merc will be defined as any player who is not on a team's roster on ClanBase. All other players must be on the roster, or they are not allowed to play. The 24-hour rule will not apply to this challenge - players may be added to the roster at any time and will be allowed to play as long as they were added before the official match time.
- Sharing lineups will not be tolerated. It is not allowed for two teams to have two or more players in their lineup which are the same.
- Participants are free to play against whoever they would like as often as they would like, but only a maximum of two matches versus the same opponent in the same day will be counted.
- Teams are encouraged to request GamesTV coverage for their matches. This will not be required, but why not do it anyway, right?
- All players must record demos while playing, especially if their match is not broadcasted on ETTV. Each team must also take a TZAC GUIDs screenshot (type /ac_players in the console) for each match. Demos and/or TZAC GUIDs screenshots may be requested from a team or player at any time, so please do not delete your demos/screenshots until the challenge is over! If a team fails to provide demos/screenshots for a match, then the match will not be counted. Failing to provide demos/screenshots more than once may result in disqualification. It is strongly recommended to provide a link to the TZAC GUIDs screenshot for each match on its ClanBase match page.
- Each and every player is expected to have his TZAC GUID registered to his ClanBase account.
- Players who are banned on ClanBase are not allowed to play, not even as mercs.
- Unless otherwise stated above, all official ClanBase ladder rules apply to this challenge.
- Violating any of these rules & guidelines may result in disqualification from the challenge for a team or player. Depending on the severity of the rule-breaking, the team or player could also be punished according to ClanBase policy.
- Teams found to be participating in "fake matches" to help their chances at winning will not only be automatically disqualified from the challenge but also given a ladder suspension on ClanBase.
Any questions or suggestions? Feel free to leave a comment below, send me a PM on Crossfire or ClanBase, or message me on IRC at #clanbase.et.
ClanBase ET 6on6 Ladder