Cannot Install ET on XP

Hey guys well ive installed ET before and really enjoyed it casually but now i want to play it again and i can't install it on my new computer.

My new computer specs are these:

Windows XP Home (Service Pack 2 now)
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ 2.21 Ghz
1 GB of Ram.

I cannot install this file at all, i have downloaded WolfET.exe from softpedia, then from the Xfire client then i get this error when it gets to 86% everytime.
Now I'm downloading that ultimate installer thing on this site.

"An I/O error occured whilst installing a file blah blah blah your installation file is corrupt"
I retry, doesn't work so i abort, i put tried all the compatability settings in it's properties, i tried running the file with 640x480, without advanced text whatever and i still keep getting the same error on the same pak file at the same percentage with 2 different downloads from seperate sites.

By xfire i mean the gamer chat program btw ^_^

So can anyone please help me?
Thanks

My first time posting here aswell, so hi everyone!
Comments
ask perfo
"An I/O error occured whilst installing a file blah blah blah your installation file is corrupt"

the last part means: your game/setup file is not valid/full downloaded (afaik).

try other downloadmirrors (e.g.:
http://wolfenstein-city.4players.de/dlman/categ.php?cat=32

http://www.own3d.at/?section=download_view&cat_id=25
)
gl
but it is fully downloaded, twice :(
you have the same prob with ur inet as I did a year ago or smth
w8 sec, im looking 4 a solution again, forgot how I fixed it :S

edit: found it, ur using the nvidia firewall aren't u?
Try to install while being logged in on an user with admin rights.
i have no firewall at all, i have a nvidia soundcard and nvidia video card though, i have also no anti-virus or anything of the sort.

Ive been logged in as an admin user the whole time, i even tried in safemode so that nvidia panels would not load up etc.. but still no luck with it.
ask Perfo
false alarm people ,the other version i downloaded i forgot it was in a different folder :) w000t guys ET for the win installed, so ill cya on the forums more :)
QuoteMy first time posting here aswell, so hi everyone!

I see. Pressing the reply button is not a crime!