MX 518 vs Ikari

I want to buy a new mouse. But I can´t decide. Which would you advise me to you? What is your experience?

Sorry for my bad english. :-)

http://www.logitech.com/en-hk/mice-pointers/mice/devices/4259
http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/mice/ikari_optical/information

Thanks
Comments
Ikari has negative acceleration that you cant turn off
Everybody is writing MX518 because they never used the IKARI Optical. I haven't either and I am too much used to the MX518's shape to switch to the IKARI, but a few years ago I really wanted to try that mouse, though I had never the opportunity to do so : (.
I tried it and it's a shit mouse
Parent
That's just your opinion. I have heard great things about the IKARI Optical.
Parent
ye its my opinion and the opinion of all players I know that played with this mouse :p
Parent
h8m3 tried it and said it suxed
Parent
ok overdrive
Parent
in this case, mx518

But overall I'd say my Steelseries Xai plays better then what I've had before(I had Razer Deathadder, Logitech G5/G3, Microsoft SideWinder).
if you know how to fix logitech cables then mx518 for sure. only negative side is the cable
+ fucking 1 :C Too bad that I throwed my MX to trash after 6months of using. Didn't know how to fix the cables and after 2 weeks someone uploaded a tutorial @ crossfire how to do that.
Parent
Prevention is better than healing. Use tape : )

image: fps%20view%20of%20everything
Parent
or just get a mouse cord orginaiser
Parent
and pay many pounds for it.. no, thank you : )
Parent
£7 not much at all tbh
Parent
the prices in Poland are ridiculously higher ; /
Parent
I have my MX518s cable taped on my table too!:D
Parent
same here
[pl]ale w chuj mniej tasmy :X[pl]
Parent
u mnie jest dobrze w ten sposob : ) kabelek jest ulozony w najbardziej dla mnie wygodny sposob.
Parent
if you can't use the mouse properly then yes :P
Parent
whats wrong with the cable... i'm using my mx518 for years now and never had a problem with it :D
Parent
Tape it. It works.
Parent
yep i taped my cord inside...all little ones, cut off 10cm blabla
Parent
And it's working now?
Parent
It is good to hold in hand? I think logitech.
nerd?
Gold Best Accordion Orchestra, Poprad - MAS
Gold The best technical player in Accordion Orchestra - MAS
Gold Accordion Orchestra Tour (Gelnica, Košice, Poprad, Praha)
Gold Accordion Orchestra competition (5x)
Silver Prague - Accordion Orchestra competition
Bronze Accordion Orchestra competition (2x)

Recorded two CDs with Accordion Orchestra
Parent
u are? My personal awards. Don´t know what is orchestra? What is accordeon? NOLIFER !
Parent
I do know what's orchestra. But I've no idea why you post that as an acchievement to gaming comminty profile. Holy shit get some pussy nerd musician ::::::::::D Are you playing oboe or piano D:D epic
Parent
nolifer. Because it´s achievements? Look at yourself. Nerd
Parent
kid, do something illegal. Get a life tbh : D Playing in orchestra ain't an acchievement. That's embarrasing.
Parent
For you. Its fun for me. Do something illegal? Fucking kid.
Parent

sup mronlineallthetime
Parent
??? Me? :D You are nolifer so ? fu man please. Do not comment
Parent
mx518 , good & cheap!
was ff douche :D kan je ng?
I'd like to recommend you A4Tech Opto 518 - I bought it before and after using MX518 and it's almost the same shape as MX. When my MX broke down I've found this mouse somewhere in my house and I didn't notice any differences between those two mouses. The only difference is that A4tech is much cheaper than MX and everything else is almost the same - I didn't notice any 'decreases' in aiming or something.
Having broken pretty much every mouse there is out there. I am impressed with the razer mamba. I know its a lot of money but served me well so far. I did enjoy using the mx518 but easily damaged. Maybe go for the deathadder?
mx518 ftw
logitech g500 8€ higher than the mx518 and better for sure.
Better? Reasons?
Parent
laser sensor -> image: leopard-paper-trash-bin_128x128
Parent
no, just stating the obvious
Parent
laser sensor mouses are quite efficient tbh, had Gç g9x and now g500 and it rocks.
Parent
ive had skipping problems with all the laser mice i used
Parent
go to esreality mousetest and you'll see all lasermice perform bad when it comes to maximum acceleration and overall speed they can handle. From a technical point of view mx518 is superiour to G5 / G9.

laser = sux
go for infrared or optical

wireless = sux
no matter what bs they try to sell you, it can never be as fast as a wire

I experienced this with both copperhead and g5. They both were inaccurate compared to mx518 / diamondback / deathadder.
Parent
i never used any wireless mouse.
And tbh never met those accel stuffs problems.
Parent
still you recommend a laser mouse when all top players are using optical / infrared mice. Maybe you cant compare cause you only used laser? You prolly dont even know how to notice the acceleration. And I have a feeling you are one of those guys who buy any mouse with a high dpi number and put it to maximum when playing ET.

ET = low dpi, the engine is bugged in a way that it cant handle high dpi
Laser sux, were not having this discussion. Talk to the hand if you want to.
Parent
thx for the info, tried mx518 g3 g5 g9 G9x g500 but yes i probably dunno anything about optical, top players using opticals, well grats but i'm not a wnb and by my experience i can confirm laser is way more intresting. playing Et with 1000 dpi, although those mouse can obviously go higher. But still it may be useful for another game.
Parent
great, im using facts where they measured the specs of the mice rather than having ppl pull oppinions out of their ass.
Parent
laser still sucks
Parent
How come? I've read some info from net and it seems laser is better?
Parent
skipping at high speeds blabla
Parent
But it is more accurate and works on all surfaces?
Parent
dunno lol
I've had a bad experience with laser mice
Parent
laser sensor = sux

nice buying into advertisement
Parent
mx518 nothing else.
I have both, was using mx518 for almost 3 years, ikari now for over 6 months. Cant say which one is better, have never had any kind of problem with any of those two (dunno what ppl are doing with mx518, but cable is more than OK). Try to check how they fit in ur hand and decide which one is more comfortable to use.
If you check lan pics then you know why people always complain about the cable -.-
my eyes were tearing when I saw how they rape their mouse :(
Parent
How big is the MX518 and again as SS Ikari. Is a big difference between them ?
Parent
genius 335 navigator :d:d:d:!
mx518 + g11 = best!
g15 > g11

recently switched from g11 to g15 and I have to say its ten times better. G11 is just huge and you feel like you are some spacecomander.
Parent
you're right, but I'm not ''expensive = best'' guy :D
however it depends on stuff, for school I want the best but for gaming its just dont want to spent that much money on it :)
Parent
Deathadder is way more better then mx518v2 so get DA instread + i would never trust steelseries on mice ;) just let that fags make mousepads
Personal preference I guess. Had sick performance with both mice when in shape.
ms 1.1a is the best anyway
i used 518 for ages but i can't go back to it after using the ikari optical for a while :}

actually just used the ikari @ wzzrd cause i didnt have a mouse on me and was playing a 3o3 and at first i thought "this feels just like my 518" but after spending some more time using it, definitely prefer the ikari!
mx518 ftw!