About the Deathadder(s)

Hey,

I want to buy a new mouse and I though of the Deathadder. As I got told the old one was better, I went to the Media Markt yesterday, a well known electronic shop, to buy it. But there was only the new version available. Me and the seller checked together on their computer and there was no old version available in any of the Media Markt's in the neighborhood.
So I'm here to ask, if there is really any difference, between the old and new one. My current specifications are the MX518 @ 400DPI and 4.9sensitivity with 5 windows sens.
Is it possible to have 400 DPI with the new Deathadder?

Is it worth giving out €60 to the NEW Razer Deathadder?
Please give arguments in your comments.
Comments
That aint lowsens
It's low DPI tho, which makes it not moving fast, which is low sense, right?
Parent
Changed \o/
Parent
28.3cm for a 360° turn is mid sens, low sens starts from 40cm/360° imo
Parent
made me lol i use 400 dpi and 1.4 sens :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Parent
800 dpi and 1 sens :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Parent
when i use 800 dpi i would have 0.7 sens
:D
:D
Parent
uhm i didnt say it was lowsens
Parent
>implying 4.9 at 400dpi is lowsense

Anyway as far as I know, there's no difference between them except the respawn goes up to 3500dpi, could be wrong though.
you are so wrong
Parent
time for you to see the difference between /sensitivty, winsens, DPI and real sensitivity.

FYI you can always tweak down others if some factors are to increase
noone really change winsens from mid, so no reason to talk about it
Parent
I'm a lowsenser and I'm playing with the MX518 @ 400DPI and 4.9sensitivity.

continue implying this is lowsense
Parent
1)there is nothing like definition of lowsense
2)he might think he is lowsenser, while he actually isnt, he just dont know how other players play, thats all
Parent
yes there are, mostly 40cm/360°
Parent
yes there is definition of low sense

are u drunk?
Parent
I'm sorry for telling you that, but you're wrong, a lot of guys do
Parent
no you can't play with 400 dpi

But you can play with 450 dpi, you can find the same sensitivity with some easy calculs :D

I have the new DA, it's really good
put sens to 1 / 2 and enjoy real lowsens -,-
You can use a deathadder on 400 DPI
and
yes it is worth 60€ imo :)
That's the answer I was looking for, thanks.
And have you got any idea where I could buy it around Vlaams-Brabant/Brussel?
Parent
Well, he's wrong tbh.

The lowest possible resolution on a DA is 450.. Screenie of mine:

image: DAreso
Parent
Oh right...
Well have YOU got any idea where I could buy the OLD one around Brussel/Vlaams-Brabant? :x
Parent
I've got an idea: order it online
Parent
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_GB/pd/productID.169416200
QuoteNot available in store
and I don't even see Belgium in the country list :/
Parent
I didn't really mean the Razer store directly.

Just search for some online Belgian gamer shops. If even that doesn't help, there's still Ebay and some guys sell new stuff or used stuff, but in good (or at least working) condition there (I actually prefer used mice, bought a lot of mice in good/very good condition much cheaper than they are in stores/they are not sold in stores anymore so that was the only way and I'm satisfied).
Parent
I see, thanks for your time, you're my mouse-hero!
Parent
gamegear.be buddy :) best site in belgium. I even ordered them some stuff I couldn't find in france.
but don't get the deathadder, the shape is awkward and shitty to lift due to the glossy sides. Well with your sensitivity you shouldn't lift it a lot but still :)
Parent
So for ET, alternative choices (to the DA and the 518, so i wont talk about them):
Zowie EC1 (same shape as the IE 3.0, almost as the DA, but with a better weight repartition, 1000 hz out of the box (or 500, you can change it), no drivers needed, same sensor as the mx518/almost the same as the DA)
Zowie EC2 (same as the EC, smaller shape and a bit lighter)
Ikari optical (different shape with some space to rest your pinkie, 1000 hz out of the box and same sensor)

All these mice have prediction (except the DA with NDC firmware, and the DA 3.5G)
Mice without prediction:
IE 3.0 (need to use hidusbf to get 500 hz, a bit shitty to get it on win 7. Tracking speed a bit slow if you're really lowsens)
Xai (but suffers from random accel)
My thoughts in general: the aim in ET requires to be slow and steady, which is easier to achieve with big mice. Same for prediction/correction as it smoothens your aim to a line = less misses since in ET you generally aim on a flat line, just left/right.

Smaller shaped mice with prediction like the G1 (only available on ebay from korea atm),
Razer Pro solutions 1.6 (rebranded diamondback, same sensor as the mx518 etc but different shape) or the salmosa are nice stoo, you gain on reactivity but lose on stability ...
Same for the wheel mouse optical (wmo, the litttle sister of the IE 3.0) but i find it tiring to lift and too unstable to aim consistently. the lack of prediction/correction + the shape gives super pointing aim (headshots!!) but decreases the accuracy a lot. I find it globally more tiring to use.

everything is compromise, you just need to try different shapes to find whatever rocks your boat.

someday i'll write a book talking only about mice and pads -,-
and h8m3 will be guest star innit
Parent
anyhow for 60€, just take the Zowie EC2 which seems the best compromise between size, weight, sensor. It's a bit expensive, and you might have a wheelbug (not too annoying), and it's a shame that it's HeatoN branded (retard cs player lol).
Parent
No you cant, both old and new versions of the deathadder are 450dpi. You cant use 400!
Parent
mx518 ftw
old da > new da
search on esr for test
Could you define me what esr is?
Parent
google "ESReality"
Parent
Could you just link me to what I'm supposed to read, please?
Parent
I don't know alexm8 :D I just know esr = esreality
Parent
da 3.5g has a shit sensor period
buy the 3g one
Parent
it isnt shit it is way to sensitive than the old one thats why it acts shit
Parent
ok since only idiots did write about the new DA im correcting their statement

the new DA sensor is totally bullshit and jitters which totally breaks every low sens aim and makes it impossible to aim perfect
ofc retards and some kiddos will tell ya the new sensor is great but it just plainly sux

the old DA sensor didnt have these bugs/faults/errors and therefore is way better u dont need 3500 dpi anyway so get the old one !
and no it is not possible to get 400 dpi
u can only get 450 DPI at lowest

grammar nazis are not welcome nP
So I should look for the old one instead of buying today the new one?
Parent
ye do that! look for the old one :)
Parent
Razer DeathAdder is just awesome!
Yes, I know. But I want to know which is better between the old and new one.
Parent
I think the older one is better I heard something about a "Test" and the older one was better ;)
Parent
the most important setting is the setting in windows not only the mouse and sensivity
Windows Sensitivity: 5.
Parent
I have both DA (old) & DA (3G)

What can I say, DA is awesome, but 3G is shit, its bugged like hell and the mouse moves on its own many times (shit sensor), the old one is perfect.
I don't get it. Some people say it's a good one, some, as you, say it's fucked up and the sensor sucks.
What is it actually?
And why do you have the two mice?
And do you have any preference between the 3G and the MX518? (if you have used it)
Parent
I bought the DA (old) and I won the DA 3G from Crossfire in that newsposts contribution award.

The 3G laser is not accurate enough and it jitters all the time (its like having parkinsons) and its driver is bugged (doesn't go to 400DPI) and the reason i prefer old DA is because it never gave me any problems like this and aiming seemed more accurate and smoother with the old one, also, no game needs 3500 dpi, so it's pretty useless.

I have never used an MX518, but it is the second best mouse laser-wise, tbh i'd wait for h8m3 to post, he's a mouse expert and always posts the 'proof' why one mouse is better than the other :-)
Parent
I see. Razer must've been retarded to make a new version of a mouse to make it worse lol
Will wait for h8m3 for the final decision then.
Thanks. :)
Parent
oh god, you're Belgian

just listen to what GoGetEmTiger said

those who say that the newer da (3.5G one) is decent are braindead
Parent
3g laser does not work with every pads, for me its 100% accurate. Steelseries qkc heavy, just don't get the laser pads, those pads made of plastic will flicker, i belive killer have one of those plastic pads.
Parent
i have a Roccat Taito, it's made of rubber :p
Parent
roccat mousepads sucks :\
Parent
ye, I bought a QPAD UC when I noticed, but a funny guy decided to steal it at lan :(
Parent
Razer Goliathus Speed works as nearly the only pad well with the 3.5G sensor
Parent
it's still an optical sensor, not a laser sensor

+ not laser-wise, but sensor-wise
Parent
What? the old deathadder is the 3g and the new one is 3.5g lol your mixed up.

1800dpi=3g

3500dpi=3.5g

Its the 3g thats more accurate you mong, and new 3.5g thats the worst!
Parent
ye mixed the names up
Parent
I know,just wanted to take the piss.
Parent
u like piss? :o
Parent
you smell like it?
Parent
old da > new da

but the roller in da sucks, stopped working for me after ~ 1 year, now using mx518 and im happy =)
I have a logitech G500 and a old razer deathadder! I must say I prefer my logitech ;s
anyone got mamba ?
good, but very expensive
not worth its price
go for it
Parent
mx518 is best
I have one word to you,"BUY"
good mouse but shit quality tbh
broke two deathadder just in a year...
You broke them while ragewhining? :D <3
How?
Parent
scroll button fucked up twice because i'm using it to run :)

First DA : freezing like every 30 seconds and it's screwing my aim
Second DA : mouse 1 stoped working
Parent
What the fuck :D
Parent
just buy another mx518 Gokusanm8 ;)
Parent
What's the point? olo
Parent
you currenty have that mouse, and i'm just wondering why you would buy another one :/
Parent
MX518 > Deathadder!
had both, and i must say that some comments about the new sensor on 3g are right.on some moments it feels like the mouse goes where the fuck he wants ...
you mean the 3.5g

the 3g is the better (old) one
Parent
well ,know that i test the both of them,and the new one (whatever that is :D) was such a bs.so that's why i stick to the mx518 :P

peace vib
Parent
I actually prefer the MX518 too
Parent
I buy the guild wars edition, excatly the same and £10 cheaper just because of GW logo :D
you will buy or bought?
Parent
If you want to get an old DA buy the DA "Mac Edition" it just glows white and works on windows too ofc.
Are you sure about what your saying?
Parent
ye he is right
Parent
I will get this one then, if I don't find the other model.
Parent
im 100% sure.
Parent
Okay, thanks. :)
Parent
450, but the best settings are probably 1800 dpi and 1000hz polling rate
1800 dpi with the 3g
450 dpi with the 3.5g, though it still is shit (it's great in terms of perfect control speed, but jitters)
Parent
dont buy a razer

mx518/g500
wmo imo ime3 mx300 mx310 g1 g3 mx500 mx510 mx518 db ch da ikari xai....... so many good mice, but no, crossfire remains a mx518 / da community only
Why would we make things difficult if it works on the easy way as well? :)
Parent
ehm because there are many better mice than da and mx518?

cf is just very simple minded
Parent
Quotecf is just very simple minded

That's what's all about, it's cf, full of trolls and no-brained kids.
Parent
imo don't change a thing that works proper!!
Parent
6cm penis works
16cm penis does to work better

go for the 6cm one, because it works properly
but ask a girl what she prefers ":D"

but the IMO 1.1 works very good, no need to change that indeed ":D"
Parent
theres no such difference between mx518 and the others u said, so no, not worth of changing.
Parent
you don't have a clue, no clue at all.
Parent
u simply dont know what you are saying. First recommending the mx518 to some guy, and then replying here there are better mice. Go get ur facts straight.

QuoteI actually prefer the MX518 too

Quotewmo imo ime3 mx300 mx310 g1 g3 mx500 mx510 mx518 db ch da ikari xai....... so many good mice, but no, crossfire remains a mx518 / da community only

bad troll is bad
Parent
ehm I've just said that I prefer the MX518 instead of the Razer Deathadder, but it seems that you are having a hard time with understanding that bibuy
Parent
yet u say there is such a big difference between mx518 and any other(as u stated in ur silly penis comparing example). As u see you re wrong, there's no mouse which can be THAT better than mx518/g500/da, deal with it.

not a bad troll, just bad mouse geek. :D

btw

QuoteCountry: PL

Polish guy wasting money on +5 mice, rofl. You can't deny it is funny :DD You even have a profile pic with your mice, goddamn :XD
Parent
heh those are not all my mice, but good that you reminded me, time to make a profile pic of all my mice (about 15) together : )
Parent
yeah I'm serious : )

it's actually quite a nice thing, some people collect post stamps, I collect mice :P
Parent
and to make that clear now, yes my comparison was stupid and no mice is really THAT much better than the MX518 (one of my favorite mice btw), but it pisses me off that the people here act like there are only two mice around on the market, while in reality there are a lot more.

Many people just haven't had the though of trying something different, while they would found out that another mouse has a better shape, weights less (the MX518 weighs quite a lot imo) etc. etc. etc.

but that's just ET, though I suck at Quake I really like their attitude towards mice, every one uses what he REALLY prefers himself and nobody uses the MX518 / DA (:
Parent
i own the 3.5G version and its good with a pad like cpad ct ;) it is better than my mx518 tbh.
and you can set it to 400 dpi by downtuning the razersens set it to 8.5 or 9 but indeed its 60 euro and the tracking should be like the old one wich isnt the case so its a hard rape in your ass dont buy it i like the wmo1.1 and prefer it above the DA and mx518 and it only costed me 6 euro ;)
I got a deathadder 3.5 version with razer galathius mousepad:)

get it if you wanna aim like fumble
But, Fumblem8, it jitters. :(
Parent
Its all about preference tbh
Parent
You like it jittering?
Parent
You cant argue with my head shots ;)
Parent
True dat.. But as you're the only one stating it's good 'n stuff, I prefer to wait to find the older version. :)
Parent
gl with that
Parent
Will complete my quest!
Parent
because he uses the Goliathus, one of the only pads the mouse is halfway decent with
Parent
I see. But the old one would work good with whatever which mousepad?
Parent
it's not about preference, you just accidentally chose the pad that is working with that pile of shit
Parent
i would give 100e for DA.
You barely have money for a headset lol
Parent
why not instead buy a microsoft mouse, f.e. wheel mouse optical for 15 euros and have a much better mouse for less money, i mean wtf seriously!!!
just for the info

http://cgi.ebay.de/Razer-DEATHADDER-1800-dpi-3G-Gaming-Maus-WOW-Gamer-/180577270539?pt=M%C3%A4use_Tastaturen&hash=item2a0b3e7b0b

delivers to belgium,too

its refurbished, but it was like new when i get one from this reseller
450 dpi 4.2 sens win sens 6 <3