negative acceleration?

Hello. Just recently downloaded ET to my new Dell laptop with win7. I was an active player some 2yrs ago and thought i would give etpro a try once again. Downloaded the MarkC mouseaccel fix, raised my mx310 hz to 250. However, it seems that something is not right. That is, some kind of negative acceleration is on or it does not seem to respond to my hand movements 1-1. maybe my monitor refresh rate which is now only 60hz makes the difference as I was playing with a higher one before? Any suggestions? ty.
Comments
negative value
+
acceleration
=
deceleration? :S
lol What the fuck, new einstein! ;DD
Parent
Garin. That may well be. but how the hell would i exactly know how much accel would I need to "deaccel" it:D
change your dpi to 400-800 and u will have less or if ure lucky zero negativ acceleration
cant understand this real sensitivity so are these only the cm for the 360 turn or can i find the optimal ingame sens there? :XDDD
Parent
no only how much CM for 360 turn
Parent
so this cant help me to find perfect mouse sens? :<
Parent
perfect sens is what feels best for you
Parent
what does the useful dpi say?
so is it better if i have for example 450 dpi and it says the prefered dpi is also 450?
what does this say correctly cant understand it so clearly
Parent
it means having lower DPI than that would be bad
Parent
ah ok thx dude :)
Parent
Mhm are you sure all formulas are right? Since I got very strange results:
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/4055/mouseinfo.png

I need to move my mouse ~25cm(haven't tested lately),also it gave me 0.48090666m/second as a maxium speed, which is ridiculous low, if it would be right, I would be having neg acc all the time. (but i can still do very fast swaps and when i move mouse back slowly, it returns to same place where it started).
Parent
Windows Sensitivity Multiplier isn't a bit clear i think :D it meant ratio with it
so with windows sens 6/11 = ratio 1:1 so you enter 1 :)

e: now i got legendary BossHK's mousesettings LOL
Parent
Your right :p It was a little bit unclear. Now when I tested it with value 1, it was all good.
But if you have time, pls make it more clear :p Btw, nice site ^^
Parent
what is NaN
Parent
Not a Number
Parent
this site is totally fucked up!
i made with ingame sens 5.7 and dpi 1200 and windows 6 not a 360° turn XDD
Parent
what are you talking about, it says nothing about being able to do a 360 or not
Parent
*bookmark* thanks!
Parent
Give your mouse a peptalk so it starts getting a more positive attitude
how do i change my mx310 dpi?
markC fix has nothing to do with negative accel. Negative accel is caused by
a) low fps - high dpi
b) moving the mouse very fast on shit mouse like G5 for example

MarkC fixes the inbuilt windows acceleration which speeds up the mouse with slow movements and slows it down with fast movements. Even with the fix a lot of ppl complain it doesnt feel the same as windowsXP with noaccel. Try using Direct Input by abort, it should fix shitloads of flaws in the way windows and ET handle mouseinputs.
Doesn't work for win7 x64 :(
And it's Rinput not dinput if i'm right?
Parent
yeah, i also use rinput. send a mail to abort and ask him to recompile it for winx64 :)
Parent
thank you guys for your responses. Still. could please somebody tell me exact steps that should be taken? how would I change my mouse dpi?I think that default dpi for my mx310 is 800, isnt it?. The web that IceQ provided me calculates that I do have neg accel. it takes into account my fps, which I entered 125, in-game resolution (1366 x 768) and "windows sensitivity (6) and mouse resolution (800dpi?) I tried to put some accel on in game (0.012) and it did make it better. however, NO accel would still be better as I have no way of knowing whether 0.012 completely "overwrites" neg accel or not. Thank you so much!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3G9O2AG1 (Chapter 3.0 Mouse)
Yes, its old and it has only XP version of removing mouse acc and increasing polling rate. Here is inreasing polling rate on win7: http://www.ngohq.com/news/15043-how-to-increase-usb-sample-rate-in-windows-vista-7-a.html
Parent
thank you. But i already raised 125hz to 250hz. I think this not connected with neg accel.
Parent
Well, nowdays when mouses uses mostly 16bit dimension, there isn't any need to increase polling rate in hope of getting rid of neg. acc. On some older (very old) mouses that used 8-bit dimension, one way to get rid of neg acc would have been to increase polling rate.
But nowdays just decrease dpi or/and increase resolution or fps.
Parent
Also, as this page suggests. The higher the dpi, the smaller the neg. accel? So maybe it would be better to lower my dpi?
too high dpi gives negative accel in the q3 engine but you can use RInput
Parent
ty. but i just do not think that this will help. i just dont know anymore.
mate theres a reply button use it
Parent