• 16 Jun 2008, 08:22 • Tutorials
I'll make this as simple as possible, this tool is especially useful for people playing with high dpi or low sens.
Follow these steps [/b]
Follow these steps [/b]
1) Download accelfix.exe HERE
2) Run it, it should say "mouse accel is currently ENABLED" Do you wish to DISABLE? Click YES.
3) Restart, after the restart - run accelfix again, if it still says that its still ENABLED (you have to be unlucky like me):
Restart, while booting Press F8 to log on into SAFEMODE
Logon to safemode, Repeat step 2!
Restart and logon normally. it should now say that accel fix is DISABLED (do you wish to change it? press no - leave it Disabled)
Now we can get D.Input 1.1 working![/u]
Download d.input 1.1
Extract it to C:\ now the files should be situated in here: C:\dinput
now you can:
[q]As this tool supports multiple games and profiles you need to load the default profiles first:
Start -> run -> c:\dinput\DInput.exe -d
Check the bottom of the document to see the list of default supported games.
In order to change the profiles:
Start -> run -> c:\dinput\DInput.exe -c
In order to start a profile:
Start -> run -> c:\dinput\DInput.exe et[/q]
Now instead of running this cmd everytime [Start -> run -> c:\dinput\DInput.exe et] download this batch file and place it in the folder where your ET.EXE is situated! click me
After you have placed it in your ET folder, run the batch file (you need to run it everytime you want to play et) It will wait for you to open ET.EXE then and after you have finished playing ET, it will close automatically. (so it won't effect your window sensitivity).
While playing ET , one may notice an increase/decrease in sensitivity (please take your time in arranging it in your cfg - this is because you have retarded mouse settings (-ve acceleration) now you can track like mAus ;D ]
* Its more accurate when using a non default windows sens, with high dpi, when you use mousedrivers, etc. The position wont be saved as an integer but as a long, so it can handle 1,56pixels. This is nice in ET because ET doesnt aim by pixels, but by angles.
* It always gives the correct position of the cursor, this isnt always the case with high DPI mice. There's no Q3 neg accel cause the cursors hits the side of the screen.
* It saves mousepositions up until the time Q3 asks for mouseinputs, so there will be one mouseinput for every frame (as long as actual mouserate > actual FPS ).
Thanks to abort for helping me with my problem, hope it helps you too !
Check http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=news&mode=item&id=3028 for original release